Wednesday, April 14, 2004

I would buy one if it looked cool.

Last week I got into a debate over at Dean's World with someone about setting fuel standards. I also said that I would drive an SUV if it got 40 mpg. My debate foe said that we will get SUVs that get 40 mpg right around the time we broke the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.

Well, I didn't break any laws but Ford has come out with a "Guilt Free SUV" that is a hybrid reaching 40 mpg. Now as long as it doesn't look like the dumb ass Honda Element, I would be interested in getting one of these new Escapes. It would drop my gas bill by about $600 a year and helping the environment would get me out of a few years in Pergatory.

Plus, it would be really fun to take pictures of it and then send postcards to whiney Europeans. Not only will our SUV's crush them, but we'll get better gas mileage too.

No comments: