Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Damn You Discovery Channel

You know what I hate? Crappy Reality TV shows on good networks. The Discovery Channel is great and has some of the best programming out there. And there have been some nights that it has bailed me out with some fricken awesome shows. However, they also have some really crappy shows on. One of them is called "Double Agents". At first I thought it was going to be a really cool spy show. As it turns out, it's just a family buying a house and two real estate agents show them homes. At the end, the family picks one. Wow. What drama.

Right now I am watching a show about building the "Ultimate Tree House". The problem is that the show has no likable characters and they focus almost no time on the actual design of the house. It's all "and in our next segment, tempers flare! Will they finish in time?....". Another show I can't stand is "Rally Round the House". And it's not because I am sick of all the interior design shows (which I am), but it is because everyone of the cast members are happy all the damn time. You just know that when they are off camera, they are chain smoking and drinking scotch out of a boot flask.

Discovery Channel has some awesome shows, but I think they just make all these reality shows as just filler so there isn't dead air (kind of like what ABC does with it's entire Tuesday night lineup).

No comments: